One of the first mass produced telephones. Ericsson made this classic model from 1895 to 1931. The legs form the magnet for the magneto generator, while the induction coil is inside the column below the handset. Like many models now on sale in good condition, this is a ‘bitsa’ telephone (bitsa this and bitsa that). The body has the imprint “No 16” showing this was a Post Office model, but it has been restored with National Telephone Company and Ericsson transfers. The handset is similar to an NTC model, as would be the bright brass fittings. An expert would also notice the three way handset cord instead of a four way, hence designed for modern central battery working, rather than local battery. For all that, a pleasant model to display.